Saturday, August 01, 2026

Last night's view following soundcheck for Libby York's (fun) show at The Room at Cedar Grove in Lewes DE. In some ways, The Room is similar to the Mainstay (where I have a long history). In others, noticeably different. And now, one of the similarities for me is, shall we say, positional: I'm out my front door and at The Room in about 10 minutes. Which was, more or less, my proximity to the Mainstay when I lived the Chestertown area. For over 30 years, greater Chestertown was my "small pond" in which I lived and worked (to the extent possible in a sparsely populated area). And for the last 20 or so of those years, I would call the Rehoboth/Lewes area my "other small pond"; where I would commute an hour and a half or more for gigs, often several times a week (back in the day). Yes, sometimes it was annoying (especially in the summer season where an hour or more could be added to the drive). But no more so than back in the '90s, when I lived in Elkton, MD and commuted about 100 miles (each way) to Atlantic City six, and sometimes seven days a week. And for that matter, many other occasions where the one word that would best describe just about any day was - plow. It's still busy now, but different. Reversing the polarity of my small ponds (I still drive back to the Chestertown area for things) along with having many other things in continual swirl around me will keep the hopping. Staying focused, practicing stillness, and staying the course will keep me going  :)    
                                                    


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home