Starting tonight, it's off to the races (again). For me, the months of February and August often represent the ebb (as opposed to flow) of my gigging calendar. And when the schedule slows down, self discipline (hopefully) kicks in to trim the loose edges of admin/sales/prep work, that (always) makes the ambitious self-employed musician wish that one could repurpose the hours of the day devoted to sleeping (which I was a little better at decades younger ago). Last night felt like a good "ready ... set ..." exercise, as Beth McDonald, Sharon Sable and I poured ourselves into preparing for our show at the Mainstay in 2 weeks. "Normal(?)" people outside of the working musician community seldom understand the immersive nature of this "occupation" (I prefer to say "calling"). For most, you work awhile, play awhile, retreat awhile. Rince and repeat. Or, you wake up every day, and live in the moment at hand; emphasis on live. Doesn't mean that work, play and rest/retreat don't happen. But, at least for me, it is all grounded in (different manifestations of) the same place: who I am, and why I am here. My schedule kicks in (up), starting tonight. It's split (rather evenly) between private and public occasions. Still, plenty of opportunity to connect (hopefully with you). Bookmark my website schedule page, and check in from time to time, if you don't do that already. :)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home