Sunday, January 15, 2012


Now this is a jazz room (and the first time I didn't mind sitting in front of the trumpet player)! Had a wonderful first experience performing at 49 West last night. A very special thanks to Elana Byrd, who took a determined interest in making the evening a success. I'm delighted to be a part of her jazz series, and (as has happened before) the first solo act of the bunch. This is a great little room for "intimate jazz", in a fine establishment with an owner who "gets it". Safe to say I felt the love last night, and appreciate all who came ("old" friends, and new). Thanks to Beth McDonald for the picture, and for running her video camera for the second set. Hope to open my 2012 YouTube channel (it'll be number 7) with video from this show. We'll see what I get. Rumor has it I'll be back in the fall. It's all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home