Sunday, October 28, 2007

Another long day. We did, though, find an opportunity to grab the (obligatory) bowl of clam chowder between sets. This has been a good festival, on all counts, really. There does seem to be some serious interest in my solo set tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Also had some opportunity to talk at some length with a few attendees. This festival circuit is, in large measure, a subculture realm that goes and spins off on it's own. It's still a good opportunity for me right now, I feel, to connect with more people. So far, so good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Joe,
I know you will be thrilled to know that I read your diary! I wondered if Gabriel came down to blow his horn at the Presbyterian Church? A Jazz Worship? What in the world??

Sunday, October 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so ... how did your solo set go?

Monday, October 29, 2007  
Blogger Joe Holt said...

To Grace,
Yes I am thrilled that we can keep in touch. The jazz festival takes over the town of Sun Valley each year, and several houses of worship (including a synagogue) participate in the festival by incorporating jazz into worship. In our case, it was a wonderful service.

To Jonathan,
By the time you read this, you'll find 2 posts from the set. Another small step (for me, while God orchestrates the giant leaps).

Tuesday, October 30, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home