Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The view from my bedroom window yesterday morning, prior to beginning our travel day home. Now, am back in my office (and to "reality"). I'm glad Charie' could come to Mammoth this year, and so is she. Throughout the trip, I seldom slept for more than a hour at a time - in contrast to passing out early this morning when I arrived home. Throughout the weekend, I was reminded of the blessings of this opportunity. Sometimes, as is often the case with "familial" relationships, you don't see things as clearly as others who may be looking in. Am still somewhat disappointed I couldn't stay on the cruise, and that the Midiri brothers (though still gracious, and understanding of my decision) have to contend with this, among other things. The weekend started out a little weird (for me) as Gary Cattley (my roommate and best friend in the band), is now replaced by Ed Wise, who I'd found difficult to warm up/relate to. By Saturday, though, the camaraderie was building, and I think now we both feel more comfortable about the whole deal (even without this though, change happens, and we adjust). Ed is actually very enthused about this opportunity, and I'm looking forward to riding up with him to Connecticut (weekend after this). He's a fine, and well seasoned musician, and the band is well served to have him. I'll still miss Gary, but it's all good, for all of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home