Wednesday, July 02, 2008

To actually complete the verse referenced in the 6/11/post - "Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended, but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,..." This really does (for those of us inclined to see things this way) seem to illustrate the God/self divide. God, and His promises, are before us. our failings are behind us. Christian spirituality calls us to the perceived paradox of (increasingly) fully acknowledging our failings (sins), and wholly forgetting them. From my position, I am encouraged to be encouraged! And I am! Successful solo concert at Kendall Crosslands (private community) last night, where strong connections were made. Look out, and up (as opposed to in, and back)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home