Saturday, May 10, 2008


Okay, it's today. My birthday being when it is, it always falls around (or on) Mother's Day. This year we each get our own. This week has had a lighter schedule. Ideally, then, I'll get more office/promo work and practicing in. Sometimes that works. Really enjoyed subbing for my (pianist) friend, Erik Apland for a midweek service at the Saint Martin's Lutheran Church in Annapolis. I miss playing service music. It was a regular part of my life until age 30 (at that point, I had been music director, and organist of my home church in NJ for 11 years). When I stepped down, I became the only 30 year old in my awareness to get a "retirement dinner". I was presented with, not a gold watch, but a commemorative plaque. It was displayed in my office at the Chestertown Church for the 3 years (2003-2006) I was on staff. Now, back in "retirement".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOE!!

I know a couple of places where you could play service music ...

Did Cherie make the cake?

Sunday, May 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home