Monday, April 28, 2008

Thought I'd share this: a comment by Jason Long on my latest YouTube post - and my response (excerpted) -
Jason - "Beautiful Joe. Beautiful. I love the simple things you do, most of all - such as turn the iim7 into a dominant briefly before heading to the V7, among the many other inspiring elements that you incorporate into your playing..."
me - "...Thank you for your comment about simple things. That's how I see it. It all reduces to tension/release, which is my take on what you noticed. I'm not sure I have the kind of mental processing necessary for heavy harmonic analysis (although I like hearing it). In my mind, it's all melodic movement, all the time - and the harmonic thing comes out of that."

Sometime I actually say "it" concisely. Gives me some hope :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home