Monday, March 10, 2008

The view from the Red Carpet Club.
Upon leaving Monterey this morning, I found myself seated with Bob Draga (clarinetist for the Titan Hot Seven) in the turboprop puddle-jumper to San Francisco, where I had a 4 hour layover. Bob was kind enough to sign me in (to an environment much more relaxing than the public area of the airport). The festival was a success for the Midiri band, who will most certainly be adding this stop to their growing itinerary. I also consider it a success for me, as I was able to overcome my "hearing" problem on stage thru the "spiritual" approach I have been learning; and played probably my best (and certainly most consistent) of all the festivals to date. Feels like it's going in the right direction. Met lots of nice people, too - and saw familiar faces and friends. Hi Gary and Ruthie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home