Friday, December 26, 2008

We got a Wii for the family this Christmas (yes, that's our television screen). It took a few games for me to navigate the subtleties of Wii bowling, but I think I'm getting it. Many senior communities actually have Wii bowling tournaments now. I'm sure there are others also. Reminds me of the silly predictions I heard years ago that the electronic keyboard would soon completely displace the piano, Yeah, right. They are convenient, though. And, back to the Wii, it does now seem unlikely that any new construction senior community would include a bowling alley (yes, it happens. I'll try to remember to take a picture sometime at the Philadelphia Protestant Home). It's all fun. Does take me back though to my high school days, when my ambitions were more toward professional bowling than music. My abilities, however, leaned otherwise.
Our family has had a nice Christmas, and I hope you and yours as well. The church I now attend had 3 Christmas Eve services. Of course, I went to the last one (11pm). I'm glad I did. "Cultural Christmas" alone seems awfully empty. I wish the meaning and presence of Jesus for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home