Sunday, July 03, 2011

So many irons in the fire right now. Conventional wisdom might suggest this a bad idea, but for me, I don't think so. For one thing, there is a common thread (creative expression) running thru much of my activity. And much of that is focused on connecting from the piano. It now seems that the more I embrace (actively participating in what's already swirling around in my head), the clearer the big picture becomes, as more of the pieces are viable. And what does that provide? Focus. It's fair to say (as objectively as I can be) that my playing/musical expression is more focused/consistent/connected than ever. Essential to this (to be brutally honest) is having established a substantive and consistent practice discipline more than at any point previous. Every morning begins with a practice zone that focuses (from many angles) on finding and connecting with (surrendering to)"the space". Later in the day (whenever I am home to do it), it's the skill sets, technical and theoretical stretching, new reading, etc. Small bites - many helpings. Tasty (and nutritious)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home