Saturday, October 06, 2012

Some time ago, we needed to put together a rehearsal, and chose Mike McShane's place; convenient to (most) everyone, with a "music room" already in place (including the keyboard pictured above). One problem. Mike and Lyndee have many "children"; specifically the independent furball kind. After about an hour, it stated to get quite uncomfortable. I'm allergic to cats, and I could feel the point of no return hitting. So I excused myself, driving home immediately. By the time I arrived (home), my face was quite the swollen, puffy mess. Live and learn. 
Recently, my keyboard was in the shop for a couple of weeks. Once it became clear that it wouldn't be available when needed for the next "Shore Jazz" gig, Mike offered to bring his keyboard from home. About midway through the gig I remember saying "My face feels like it's had a cat rubbed in it". Mike immediately said: "The keyboard". Yep. First time I've ever been allergic to the instrument I'm playing.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home