Sunday, July 01, 2007

Solar

Okay, since I mentioned Keith (last post), as being a "place" of (my own) increased awareness (allowing my perception to begin to sharpen to recognize this elsewhere); here is the video that first really captured me. I watched it many times over the first sitting, and couldn't tell you how many times since. Even today, as I just watched, I was hit with an understanding - concerning my own playing - that makes me even more eager to get to my practice time, which is where I'm going next. I'll be thinking about what I've just realized for awhile. As it "unpacks", and words can be assigned to it (later), I'll attempt to share.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe --

What a powerful musician! Thanks for sharing; this may be my favorite Keith Jarrett video yet.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007  
Blogger Joe Holt said...

As is often the case; we agree. Pulled from a comment on the you tube page for this video: "(Keith doesn't) produce the initial wow! when first experienced by the viewer. A closer look and the known world is dashed to pieces." Hmmmm.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home