Saturday, February 11, 2006

Credit where credit is due - to Max Murray for taking on my website (mine is something like the 9th site of which he is webmaster) and giving it an "extreme makeover". He has put in dozens of hours over the last few weeks, and has taught me a thing or fourteen. Years ago, Phil Santoro, a salesman/consultant (with whom I bartered with piano lessons for his consultations) asked me a question which has stuck with me as a defining principle; "What personality do you want your business to have?". Mine, of course (that goes without saying, but the idea that businesses and institutions take on the personality of their owners/leaders has always impressed me, and I see it at work all the time). Specifically, I want what I do to be relational. My website now takes me further down this road, not a small part of which is this blog, which grew out of Max's advice. Thank you max.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jessica W. said...

hey Mr. Joe,
is there anywhere online that you have the lyrics to the "He's Steppin' Out" CD posted? I really like the CD too by the way :)
Jessica H.

Saturday, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Joe Holt said...

Jessica,

That's a good question, one to which I do not have a good answer - However - that's something I can explore. Thanks for the question and the endorsement, Joe

Saturday, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Jessica W. said...

I have now (successfully, hopefully) transcribed the lyrics for Bite Your Tongue and What Do I Look Like... :)
Jessica

Wednesday, February 22, 2006  
Blogger Joe Holt said...

Jessica,

Thank you! This can help me expidite the process of getting these posted. Can you e-mail these to me (or post them here for that matter)? Thanks again.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home