Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sitting at the table in our hotel suite in Pismo. It's been kind of a whirlwind. All of these festivals are, I suppose, but this one started with getting up around 3am (3 hours sleep) on Friday and making the long trek to and through airports. I am not as resilient as some, and my tank wasn't quite full to begin with, so by the time we got to our (3 hour) layover at Los Angeles, parts of me were unhappy (upsetting the balance in the rest of me). God is good, and works all things out and through (which is very helpful; albeit difficult to understand when things aren't working out at the moment). I was back on my feet (seat, really, but the former sounds better) for our first (of 2!) sets Friday evening at 7:30 pm. Then 4 sets yesterday, where we had some good ones (you don't hit a home run on every swing). It's now a little after 8am Sunday morning, and time to get ready for 2 more (then a red-eye home through the night tonight). The additional (and best) element here is that I brought my son (Joe, Jr) out with us. He celebrated his 18th birthday out here yesterday. It's been really cool. Among other things, we hung around last night after our last set to hear one of the other bands. This one ("Coronet Chop Suey") has, by consensus, the best drummer on this circuit; John Gillick. Joe, being an aspiring drummer, ate it up, and hung with John and the guys (this band is tight with the Midiri guys). Joe is impressing everyone. I'm a proud papa.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica W. said...

holy cow Joe is 18!?!
I think I feel old.
but that's cool about him and drumming. this weekend while I was home (for Pop-Pop's 80th), Kevin played "happy birthday" on some "drums" Mom-Mom had. haha.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006  
Blogger Joe Holt said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, November 16, 2006  
Blogger Joe Holt said...

Apparantly I don't know what I'm doing here. Here's what I said:

But are you old? If you feel old, look at me, then you'll feel better. And if I feel old, I can console myself that I may have (at least) the entire life-span of Mozart left. Wierd thinking, huh? Don't answer that.

Thursday, November 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home