Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's super cool to live in a place where people come to get away. When I go outside, I'm already away, in one regard. The flip side, of course, is that when I need to be somewhere, it's usually nowhere near where I am. So, my destinations are, perhaps, driven more often by necessity than desire, than may be the case with some. Later this (Saturday) morning, I'll take a walk in town (likely passing the view of Water Street pictured above). Downtown Chestertown is about a mile from my house, so practically speaking, I am already (t)here. To that flip side, I need to hold the context in view, when I am tempted to feel that it's a drag to drive the hour and a half or more to play a gig in Lewes, DE, or Ocean City, MD, or Arlington VA, or Phila, or Atlantic City. When I get home from the job, I'm already away. Cool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home