Saturday, November 17, 2012

You seldom will find these on my posted schedule (they are generally private), but retirement community performances have played a big role in what I do, for going on 2 decades. For a number of reasons, I do very little music therapy related work in nursing and assisted living care these days (compared with a time where most of my daytime hours were spent bouncing from facility to facility). Most of my interaction with seniors is now on the retirement side. Though the center of gravity in the cultural references of seniors have shifted since I began performing for them (a whole generation, actually), it remains in my "comfort zone" window. On my News Blog, I just posted the (You Tube) video playlist from the performance reference in the flyer (pictured above). it's a blessing and a privilege to make connections with people through music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home