Monday, December 28, 2015


Here's a statement, coming from one who professes a Christian, that may seem less than Kosher: going to church can be difficult for me, particularly in the morning. Any gathering, actually. To be in the middle of a group of people is something I need to prepare for, in solitude. Actually, it is that solitude, or peace, that travels with me; grounding me, focusing me in circumstances where I might otherwise feel cacophony all around. In peace, there is no cacophony. Seeing from the heart, the focus turns outward, away from what may be confusing or overwhelming, connecting the inner and the outer, bringing wholeness, bringing peace. And prayer is the key. I find this through varied avenues, including and especially, for me, in playing the piano. And from the piano, I have some of my best conversations.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home