Sunday, March 26, 2006

At least it's less than 2 1/2 weeks (moving in the right direction). A week ago tonight was my first solo concert in a jazz venue (the Mainstay, in Rock Hall, Md). Weird; after 28 years of being a full-time jazz pianist, I finally start (at age 45, when life begins), presenting myself in that arena. It was well received. I've spent a lot of time promoting myself in churches, and over recent years (and successfully) as an entertainer for Senior Citizen facilities (in addition to the gigs that one picks up as one goes). The niches have succeeded in allowing me to make (elusive in this business) a living, which has always been my pragmatically-minded goal. Now it's time to step (even if just at times) out of my self-constructed heated pool (small, yet self-contained), and into the ocean (or wherever the sharks swim). I believe in what I am doing, more now than ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home