Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A dark Danby Chapel, at the Methodist Country House, in Greenville DE, after a recent performance. You won't find this on my public schedule, as these events are generally for the residents of the particular community. I began performing in senior communities in 1994, after a 6 month run at the Atlantic City Showboat, which reminded me of the musical connection I have with older adults who lived the eras from which I have appropriated the music. This led to my receiving my certification as a Music Therapist (MT-BC) in 1997, and many (too many to count or even remember) meaningful interactions with seniors. In recent years this has waned greatly, due to budget austerity (the economy has taken a bite out of this industry), and the anticipation of the cultural shift to come. Shouldn't run ahead of myself, though, as this remains a major comfort zone.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home