Thursday, November 23, 2006

Just spent some time watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade (on television) with my youngest (Robbie). Although a veteran of small town parades (he likes to chase after the candy often distributed/thrown from the floats), he had not, before today, encountered the big city mega-parade. Sponge Bob and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends helped to seal the deal. That was fun. Speaking of parades, we've now concluded competitive marching band season at Queen Anne's County (Md) High School where, for this year only, my oldest, Joseph (18, a senior, and REALLY into it) and his sister Charie (14, a freshman, for whom it couldn't possibly end soon enough) were in the marching band together. Perhaps, at some point here, I'll retrospect on my own high school band days. Suffice, for now, to say, sometimes it was the only reason I showed up. The school band program is a beautiful place for the musically inclined (or diseased or called) to develop, network, and grow. In my case, it was where "A Couple of Joes Trio" (Joe and Paul Midiri plus me) got started. In the present day, it has been where my son and daughter could work, strive, play, and grow together. I'm proud of them. It's a beautiful place. One of many things for which I'm thankful.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Macy's has a Thanksgiving parade?

Tuesday, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Joe Holt said...

yes, and by some coincidence, the big red letters (not the words of Jesus) M A C Y S seemed to show up fully visable at just about every camera angle. That's why I'm sure that it wasn't Wal-Mart.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home